Thursday, May 7, 2009

CLAIRE: ONE WOMAN BAND

I've always loved music; just everything about it intrigues me. Lately I've been wanting to learn another instrument. I know how to play the flute but boo, what the hell is that? I've always wanted to learn how to play the drums. Like, on some real Sheila E., Travis Barker shit. They're so genius when it comes to playing. And I want to learn to play the guitar, the piano...hell, I wanna do everything! I want to sing, I want to produce, I want to write, I want to play the instruments, I want to rap [Lauryn Hill, anyone?] I want it all!



I just finished writing a new song last night called "What You Once Had." I'm amazed at how much my voice and writing skills have grown. Looking back on the first song I wrote, yeah, I've come a longggg way. I remember remixing old B2K, Bow Wow, and Destiny's Child songs. It was straight foolishness at its finest. But I've gotten significantly better and hope that one day, I'll be writing songs for other rising stars.

I have to admit though. I haven't been to the studio in a while. Shame on me....my mixtape release date has been pushed back because I've been in such a slump. My brother won't even consider bringing me to the studio until I get it together so I've been busting my ass with writing. I had writer's block but I think I'm past it so hopefully I'll be getting back into the studio soon.

CROSS YOUR FINGERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment