Tuesday, November 24, 2009

the fame monster album review


I went and brought Lady Gaga's "The Fame Monster" deluxe edition yesterday and just as I expected, I was not let down. It contains two discs, the 8 new songs on disc 1 and her first album "The Fame" on disc 2.  From day one I knew Gaga would be huge. She's a musical genius and isn't afraid to push the envelope. You can practically dance to every song she has and who doesn't love that? But what I love the most about this album and her writing in general is that there is always an underlying meaning in the songs that we probably will never catch. I caught a few but when I first heard "Pokerface" I didn't know it was about having sex with a dude but she was thinking about a woman. Crazy.
When I got the album I immediately wanted to hear "Monster" because on MTV she told Sway the song was about a guy who has a huge...peen. No, I didn't just wanna hear it for that reason but I wanted to know what the hell the song would sound like. As soon as I heard her say "I never seen one like that before..." I knew I was going to be in for some shit. The song isn't as sexual as I thought it would be but it was still good. She sure has some interesting stories behind these songs.
A few of my other favorites are "Dance in the Dark," "Teeth," "Paper Gangsta," and "Telephone" featuring Beyonce which is SO much better than Beyonce's "Video Phone" featuring Gaga. No one likes a guy or girl blowing up their phone while they're out having a good time. The beat is sick and this Rodney Jerkins' produced track is the best one off the album. Gaga starts off "Teeth" just as nasty as she wants to be. "Don't be scared...I've done this before..." if you couldn't figure it out from the opening line, its about oral sex. The sexy thromping makes you want to move your body.
"The Fame Monster" does not disappoint and the new songs are great along with the great ones from "The Fame." If you love to have a good time and love to dance, this is the album for you. And if you haven't already heard the first album, what the hell are you waiting for? It's hot! Viva La Gaga!

No comments:

Post a Comment