Friday, December 4, 2009

what's sexy?

Everyone has their own opinion on what being sexy is but a lot of opinions are based solely on outer appearance. Beauty is only skin deep and for me to really consider a person sexy, they have to have more than just looks going for them. Here's my picks for the 6 (couldn't do 5. I hate odd numbers) sexiest people in the world and why. (no particular order).


1. Vashtie Kola. She's the epitome of a cool chick to me. She's fun, super cute, and she truly lives up to her nickname "Downtown's Sweetheart." For a while I only knew her as "Pharrell's girlfriend" but after doing my research and peeping her blog, I now see Ms. Vashtie is so much more than that. She's a director (think music: Kid Cudi, Justin Bieber, Solange, etc.) a designer, artist, party promoter, and the list goes on. She's funny and has her own style, which I love. She's more than just a pretty face and her "I'mma do me" attitude is what makes her sexy.


2. Kid Cudi. He's sexy for a number of reasons. The main reason being that he's not trying to be something he's not. He's not trying to be a gangsta, he's not trying to be a ladies' man, he's just being Scott. The self-proclaimed "Man on the Moon," is a jokester, a dork, and a creative mind all wrapped in gorgeous packaging. Cudi thinks outside the box and doesn't stay in the narrow lane that rap has paved. He's not afraid to experiment with different sounds, not afraid to rock his skinny jeans and chucks, and not afraid to be his true cheeseburger, weed loving self. And any man who can hop on stage dressed like Max from "Where the Wild Things Are" in a wolf costume and rock out is fucking hot to me.


3. Alicia Keys. Yes, my idol is drop dead gorgeous and has a kick ass body but she's also fun and she's extremely talented. She's an amazing singer, writer, musician but also a philanthropist, which is probably what I admire most about her. She's the co-founder of the non-profit organization, Keep a Child Alive, which helps provide medicine to families with HIV and AIDS in Africa. She's done so many concerts and traveled so many places trying to raise awareness about AIDS and poverity in Africa. She's used her fame to help others and to garner attention for important topics. She's selfless and I think that's beautiful.


4. Trey Songz. Everyone knows I love dude like hell but I'm not only attracted to Trey because he's fine as all get out. This country boy is intelligent, a go-getter and he's inspirational. His skills as an artist amaze me sometimes. He's not afraid to be silly (have you seen this idiot dancing like Diddy on Youtube?) and a man with a sense of humor is extremely sexy. But the day he went in on Sandra Rose on twitter for the shit she was saying about him, was the day I knew he had my heart. He's a clown and the fact that he can make a woman's panties wet with just a look is pretty damn sexy too.


5. Omahyra Mota. Hmmm...where do I begin? Chick is straight bad ass and I would do her any day of the damn week. Yes, she's a high fashion model but she's not your average. She's a cigarette smoking, tattoo donning Dominican mami, who could probably kick any woman or man's ass. Majority of the photoshoots she does are edgy and sometimes a bit scary but in her case, scary is sexy. She's beautiful and I love her "fuck the world" attitude. She doesn't care if you don't like her and she does her own thing. That's hot.


6. Common. Amazing rapper, talented actor, adoring father, beautiful soul. Even though Common is physically attractive, his mind is what captivates me. He's so deep and is such an intellectual and that's a turn on. I feel he's a man that can stimulate your mind, body, and soul completely and have you following him around like a lost puppy. He's also part of the "Knowing Is Beautiful" movement, which supports HIV/AIDS awareness. But this conscious rapper isn't just all work and no play. Common is an avid basketball player, and a good one I hear, and can be seen on plenty blogs taking his daughter out for some daddy/daughter time and frolicking along beaches with girlfriend, Serena Williams. Gotta love that man.

1 comment:

  1. =] I loved this entry!! Seems like it's straight out of a magazine.

    ReplyDelete